Wednesday 14 September 2011

Michelle Monroe

I'll be completely honest, when I first heard that actress Michelle Williams was to play the role of Marilyn Monroe in a new biopic of the late icon's life, I was dubious. Not that I don't love Michelle Williams! She will always be bad-girl-gone-good Jen Lindley to me (Dawson's Creek fans will agree with me), and her personal style is simply inpirational. But I wondered how the petite, 31 year old actress would be able to pull of Marilyn's uber overt sex appeal. But looking at her cover spread for US Vogue's October issue, I couldn't be more wrong. She is simply stunning! 

Dressed in a revealing light pink Oscar de la Renta gown with berry coloured lips and Monroe's statement blonde curls, she looks drop-dead gorgeous. A modern bombshell. 


The photographs inside the pictorial were shot by world-renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz. Leibovitz has taken on a very similar style to Milton H. Greene, who photographed of Marilyn herself over a 10 year period, in which he was able to beautifully capture the icon's talents, moods and spirit. The pictures are incredible and the actress looks gorgeous. I just can't wait for the movie!

XOXO
Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to the film, the trailer is amazing x

    ReplyDelete